Digi Ed provides ICT workshops for students, teachers and corporations using claymation because we believe engagement is central to all learning tasks and worthwhile experiences. All educational workshops are five hour sessions and participants register and make payment to attend on a fee for service basis.
Digi Ed workshops:
- explore the application of iMovie and Stop Motion software in the classroom and develop effective teaching strategies that assist students to build essential thinking and communication skills.
- examine simple technology tasks that can make content relevant and explore curriculum outcomes through writing, editing and producing a short animation.
- employ specialist presenters and animators to work productively with teachers to improve their professional knowledge and practice.
- encourage teachers to design high quality teaching and learning strategies that reflect the aims of syllabus documents and can be successfully implemented within the classroom.
- participants must register a completed registration form online at least five (5) days prior to the designated workshop
- class sizes are limited
- if a workshop is full an applicant can be placed on the waiting list at no cost
- payment is due prior to workshop but only after confirmation of placement
- a statement of attendance is provided to each participant who completes the workshop
- advertised in advance
- paid only after receiving confirmation and prior to workshop
- registration is valid on full payment of fees
A full refund of fees paid will be provided where a participant gives more than 5 working days’ notice of non-attendance. Digi Ed reserves the right to review individual applications for refunds for cancelled workshops on a discretionary basis and all refunds will be processed within a week received. A late withdrawal fee may be charged if advised less than 5 working days’ prior to the workshop but late name changes for replacements are acceptable and transfers from one workshop date to another are possible if there is a vacancy.
Digi Ed recognises that cancellations are sometimes necessary and reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to unforeseen circumstances or if the number of registrations is insufficient. Registered participants will be contacted as soon as possible if any workshop is cancelled due for any reason.
Digi Ed provides professional development for teachers that develop effective teaching strategies that consolidates ICT skills and assist in its integration into learning and teaching programs in the classroom. Understanding of the National Curriculum general capabilities is assumed with a particular focus on ICT and creative thinking. Existing knowledge of the NSW Quality Teaching Framework is assumed.
Standards addressed at each workshop:
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient Teacher
2.6.2, 3.3.2, 3.4.2, 4.5.2, 6.3.2
- NSW Professional Teaching Standards at Professional Competence
1.2.4, 4.2.5, 3.2.4, 5.2.7, 6.2.4, 6.2.6
Digi Ed requires all evaluation of courses and workshops to be methodical, regular and effective to ensure they contribute to learning as intended. Evaluation is conducted ethically and presenters are encouraged to evaluate their performance to identify strengths and areas for refinement in the light of evaluation data and then to adapt or develop changes to the design or delivery of future workshops.
Health & Safety
Digi Ed manages Health and Safety responsibly and is committed to take effective measures to minimize or control risk for staff and participants. The DigiEd Risk Assessment is current and updated regularly. Presenters are made aware of risks and health and safety issues to ensure the safety of all participants and are responsible for ensuring all participants:
- keep the workshop space clean and tidy
- seek instruction before using an unfamiliar piece of equipment
- use tools for their intended purpose
- report all damaged equipment and do not use it until repaired
- report all hazards and unsafe conditions and work practices